Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What I've Learned From College...(so far)

As I sit here staring at my calendar, I can't believe that it is already March and that I have merely two months left of my freshman year of college. It feels like just yesterday I was eagerly anticipating the end of senior year but now I'm already beginning to pick my classes for sophmore year of college. Where time goes, I do not know. But throughout this year I have learned many valuable lessons, some you may say are a little more significant than others.

#1. Do not put reds in with whites. It WILL turn all your white clothes red and you will be walking around with a red shirt the rest of the year.

#2. Appreciate every dinner your mom cooks for you at home or when she takes you out. You can only eat so many sandwiches from Umph before you feel like you might die.

#3. It really is ok to sit alone at lunch. One of my biggest fears coming in to college was that I was going to look like a loser sitting by myself at a table. But sometimes, for last minute crams, I appreciate my own time to eat and study.

#4. Sleep! There's always going to be something going on. It's college. And there's always going to be homework to do and tests to study for. But none of that stuff can be done if you don't sleep. Power naps are my best friend :)

#5. Don't get the squeaky chair in class. It just makes everyone awkwardly stare at you throughout class or you get to the point where you are too scared to move.

#6. Take time to unwind. College is stressful. And if I didn't have my movie nights where my friends and I just sat and ate ice cream while watching The Notebook, I don't think I would be functionable.

#7. Be yourself. The easiest way to make friends is to be yourself. Don't be scared to show them your true colors.

#8. Call your mom. It's always better to listen to your mom ramble on about how your dog is acting crazy or your dad is trying to fix the broken tv than to study for that chem test. And moms can always seem to make things better, no matter how bad the situation gets.

#9. Have fun. It's college. Enough said. Enjoy your freedom while you can before the reality of the real world hits you in three years.

#10. Take advantage of what you've been given. We have the opportunity to receive an amazing education. And to not take an advantage of that would be foolish. And there are sooo many other activities to do on campus and off campus too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. i think this wisdom says it all. What do the rest of you think? Did she leave out anything?

March 16, 2008 at 1:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home