Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Guess You Could Call Me a Fashion Emergency


The truth of the matter is, when it comes to fashion, I much prefer comfort over the looks. If you look in my closet, I guess you could find a couple of cute dresses and nice pairs of slacks. But you would mostly find sweatpants and sweatshirts. But I like it that way. When I wake up in the mornings for class, I don't really feel like making myself look cute to sit in a classroom all day. So I usually sport the baggy sweatpants and my hair shoved up into a ponytail.

But I guess what you could really call the fashion emergency would be my shoes. I've always been a fan of the crocs. Now, I'm not saying that crocs are the most fashionable of all the shoes out there. Because, believe me, I know that they aren't. They're a wide floppity looking shoe usually of some flamboyant color that screams "Look at my feet!" But they're comfortable. And they work. They don't get ruined if you step in a puddle and I can honestly wear them all day long without my feet starting to feel the least bit sore. I got a pair of what I call "Ugg-Crocs" for Christmas. And if you think that the Crocs are bad, well wait till you see these puppies. It's basically normal crocs with fur on the inside. But soooo comfortable. It's just that I can't do heels. The other night I put on a dress to go out and decided that crocs really wouldn't kick it. So I dug through my closet to find my one and only pair of heels. And in comparison to most of the other girls here, my heels would be considered flats. But, against my will, I put on the heels and by the time I walked out of the dorm my feet were already screaming at me. I just don't understand how some girls can go hours upon hours putting their feet through misery. I couldn't do it. By the time I took them off, I couldn't really feel my feet anymore.

So next time I wear a dress, I'm just gonna have to wear my crocs with it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There you go. You cannot be happy if your feet aren't happy. Men would never put up with the crap women do to be fashionable. And men have pockets in their clothes too so they aren't forever losing their keys and their id's. Having pockets would save women a lot of time. Then there's the oversized handbag deal that is causing spinal problems. Why do women have to lug around so much stuff? I think Schumaker would weigh in on this one about the role of advertising in causing unhappiness.

February 3, 2008 at 11:19 AM

 
Blogger SMU Mustang said...

I totally know how you feel about not wanting to wear heels and how being comfortable is the most important thing. I see girls walking around campus all the time, like going to class and stuff, with heels on. And these aren't small heels, they are probably 4 inch ones. I understand wearing heels to go out, but I still can't do it. I'm definitely not a shoe person either and would much rather wear flats. I don't think heels are needed in order to look dressy or put together. I have a ton of ballet flats that are just as cute, if not cuter than a lot of heels I see on campus. And regarding the crocs. My aunt gave my Mom a pair for her birthday and Mom absolutely loves them. She wears them to take our dog for walks and do her gardening. I mean, yes, they aren't incredibly stylish, but if they are comfortable why not wear them? And I have a little tip if you want to wear heels out but they kill your feet...bring a pair of sandals and stick them in your purse, so if you're walking to a frat house or something you can put the sandals on while your walking over there and then throw them in your purse. I do it all the time and my feet aren't ruined when I come home at night.

February 21, 2008 at 5:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home